Thar Be Dragons (and SPOILERS) below:
Before we say goodbye To Game of Thrones, I am curious what left people a pile of molten valyrian steel, and what left you as cold as the Night King’s heart.
Personally, I wasn’t entirely satisfied. Not because of how things ended, but how we got there. I feel the character development and dialog declined significantly post books and someone was hammering on the fast forward plot button.
Setting nitpicks aside:
- The foreboding tone set at the beginning with
General Hux’s, I mean Dany’s speech
- Jon’s actions and fate
- Small Council scene
- Sansa shutting her uncle down
- Brienne’s appointment and completion of Jamie’s entry and Podrick’s promotion
- Drogon’s mourning and actions
- Way the “wheel was broken” establishing an elective monarchy
- The idea of Dany Breaking Bad
- Never bought Jon and Dany’s love story. No development or room to breathe
- Execution of Darth Dany’s turn to the darkside
- Nobles supporting Bran’s election to the throne out of nowhere and with no discussion. Maybe he warged into all of them.
Overall, I’m fairly dissatisfied with everything but the major plot points this season and most of last season. Funny that, that is the only part that really came from Martin. 😉(more…)